Saturday, November 29, 2008

Angelina’s

Nothing like Thanksgiving to make you feel far away from family. My sweetie and I did go out for lunch, but nothing extraordinary and definitely not roast turkey, stuffing, or pumpkin pie.

On Friday we treated ourselves with a visit to Angelina’s on the Rue de Rivoli.

Angelinas 11-28-2008 4-29-19 PM Angelinas 11-28-2008 4-28-51 PM We had the hot chocolate which really is just pure liquid chocolate. Absolutely delicious.

Angelinas 11-28-2008 4-11-25 PMMy husband was mortified that I took pictures. Of course. You can see a much better photo, not to mention watercolors, over here at Paris Breakfasts.

We hoped to see some christmas lights at the grand magasins (department stores), but it wasn’t late enough in the day.

Someone recently asked what camera I use. Well I have two of them, both Canons. I did use the bigger camera for the above pics and this one of Pokey:

Pokey closeup 11-26-2008 12-18-05 PM

But the camera I recommend is my smaller one. I took the Shabby Chic photos in the last post with that one. I carry it around in my purse – the camera is the size of a pack of cards.

It’s a Canon Powershot Digital Elph. Mine is older (and unavailable) and the new ones are even better. They have image stabilization (fewer blurry photos) and better low-light capability. I’d get the Canon PowerShot SD1100IS if I were buying one right now – they have lots of capability, an excellent price and they come in cute colors.

9 comments:

pwl said...

Yum - that hot chocolate looks so good! DH just bought me some sugar free mix today (although I think it's going to be a stocking stuffer hehe).

Ahava Hopps Brooke said...

Thanks for sharing the hot choc photos. Yum. And always good to see your pretty cat. Happy Holidays.

Holly said...

Sometimes traditional Thanksgiving meals are over-rated. Your hot chocolate sounds divine.

Jude said...

Oh, I love that hot chocolate. In Spain they make it and the spoon stands up in it!! delicious.

Tanya said...

Hmmm. Chocolate. How I would love to sit down to a cup of this!

Clare said...

Liquid gold! I bet it tasted gorgeous and brilliant photo too. I've forgotten whether or not you've read Chocolat? Did you know there is a sequel set in Montmartre?

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I still remember the mango sherbert they sold when I was in Paris, and the great coffee.

jovaliquilts said...

I remember the first time I had hot chocolate like that -- I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! It does help to soften the blow of being gone for the holidays. (Well, it helps a little, anyhow.)

Magpie Sue said...

Thanks for the camera info. DH bought us a "big" digital - a compromise between his wants and mine - when we got ours. Now I want something smaller, easier to pack around and use spontaneously. It will be that or a newer computer from Santa this year ;- )