Sunday, October 02, 2005

Cross Your Fingers

Well, if all goes well, I'm going to London on Tuesday for further medical experimentation. Gonna see a Rheumatologist and an Orthopedist. That's assuming all the appointments get made in time. If they don't then my trip will get pushed back. I'm ready to do it tho. I want some answers and I want this knee scraped out already - tho that turns out to be a bigger deal than I expected. General anesthesia. Geez louise, I thought it would just be a local.

I should arrive Tuesday afternoon, get myself checked into the hotel and have the afternoon free before starting appointments the next day. In theory. I'm hoping I can sneak in a trip to see "Serenity" and maybe do a little shopping. I know I won't be gamboling about after the knee job - elevation, ice packs, that sort of thing. Maybe this means I get to ride thru the airport in one of those little carts for the first time ever. Woohoo.

I've been to London before - most recently in May 2004 - so I'm familiar with the citiy's layout, I know how to use the tube, and I know the language which will be a pleasant change.

Don't have a return date set, will all depend on how things go. So expect me to be an erratic (and probably whiny) poster in the near future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Tonya! Keep us posted if at all possible. You'll be in my thoughts. Hope you get to see Serenity!!

Finn said...

You can be as whiny as you want to .. do hope you get answers and get to see Serenity. Hugs for all the boo-boo's.